Friday, May 15, 2009

The "Don't tell me" factor

I like my TV and I like my movies. So, when I set out to watch them I like to control the level of how much previewing I do before I see. Consider the recent Star Trek movie. I had done a little investigating before I saw the movie and I stopped. I then made sure I did not hear another thing or go and seek information since I wanted it to be fresh and new. Now, when you hear something that is not your fault, you almost want to destroy who told you. Or never listen to that radio station or visit that web site again. This happened once with Harry Potter and the book where Dumbledore bit it. I was reading a sports site and the posts and in the middle of the posts was Snape kills Dumbledore. I was like WTF!!! Really?

Now, I am a huge fan of Lost and had DVR'd the episode so that I could watch it when I had time to sit for two hours and be totally focused. Most Lost episodes are mind blowers and I figured this was no exception. And wouldn't you know, I am listening to the radio the next morning and they blew the big secret. I was so pissed. I could not believe it. I felt like the guy on the radio reached through as slapped me in the face and said na na na na na. I am going to watch the episode tonight and I hope that there is still some revelation, but I fear that I will be let down since I know the secret.

So, to you kind reader. When is it appropriate to spill the beans? The day after? Two days? In this world of DVR we have to take in to consideration that the episode may not be watched that night it is broadcast. I leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment